Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Flyers vs Tampa Bay Lightning

So, I tuned into the game towards the end of the second period and I thought what?!  The score was 3-0 with the Lightning leading!  I had NO idea what happened.  Turns out that Bobrovsky let in all 3 goals just in the first period.  Needless to say, it was a good move on Peter Laviolette's part to put Brian Boucher in net. 
Not to mention the team doesn't even look like they are trying tonight.  With about 1-2 minutes left in the second, i saw a pass to Briere that he got, and tried to pass and somehow he hit the puck into a Tampa player about three times and then the Tampa player stole the puck for a breakaway.  Apparently Briere lost all his energy at the All-star game this weekend?  No one of the team seems to have energy, none of that Flyers spirit.  At least Boucher got the Southwest save of the game.  He blocked a shot from his ex-teammate Simon Gagne, lost the puck, then seemingly flung himself across the net to cover the puck and avoid a rebound shot.
Like the announcers said, why is Tampa Bay shutting out the highest scoring team in the league?  I have to say, this is definitely one of the more boring Flyers games I have ever watched.  It even seemed like my seven month old nephew was screaming at the TV telling them to step up their game (he watches the games with me).  The Flyers have yet to beat the Lightning during the regular season, but they still have one more game against them this season, so lets hope for the best.
Thursday I will be at the Wells Fargo Center watching the game live and in action against the Nashville Predators.  I'm HOPING that they play better than they did tonight so we actually have a good game to watch and cheer for.  Let's hope I can get back in time to post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment